Official Website: https://www.dallasfilm.org/
AFI Dallas 2007 was conceived by Liener Temerlin and Michael Cain. In 2010, it evolved into the Dallas International Film Festival. It is an annual spring event that takes place in Dallas, Texas. The new executive director, Johnathan Brownlee and long standing artistic director, James Faust are bringing a DIFFerent perspective to this year’s festival.
The 12th annual Dallas International Film Festival, hosted by the Dallas Film Society, doesn’t just show films; it showcases and celebrates and showcases all types of content…. film, television, streaming content and virtual reality. The interaction between story tellers, audiences, and the Dallas community is what we strive to develop from opening to closing and everything in between.
“See Things DIFFerently” isn’t just our tagline; the 2018 festival moves to a new time of year and will offer new and unique experiences. DIFF18 is a global adventure that boasts premiere screenings, nightly red carpets, daring documentaries, eye-opening short films, exciting television content, bleeding-edge VR presentations, nightly parties, filmmaker panels, award presentations, and an enhanced filmmaker hospitality program that includes city tours and more.
Dates: May 3-10, 2018
Dates: March 30 to April 9, 2017
Texas Competition, presented by Panavision
- Special Jury Prize: Mustang Island (filmed in Galveston from Austin resident, writer/director Craig Elrod)
- Grand Jury Prize: Mr. Roosevelt (filmed in Austin from University of Texas alumnus Noel Wells)
Animated Short, presented by Reel FX
- Grand Jury Prize: Mr. Madila
- Short Special Jury Prize, Performance: Arin MacLaine, Spring
- Short Special Jury Prize: Hairat
- Short Grand Jury Prize: What Happened to Her
Studio Movie Grill Silver Heart Award, presented by the Schultz Family
- Silver Heart Award: City of Ghosts
Documentary Feature Competition
- Special Jury Prize Winner, Artistry: Spettacolo
- Grand Jury Prize Winner: Quest
- Audience Award Winner: Dealt
Narrative Feature Competition